Jun 11, 2009

When Do We Get to the Doin' Part?

Ok, so I found another thing I want to do when I actually get around to doing stuff!
The quilting on this is rather fun; something my ultra-regulated brain would never think to do. I think quilting this way might actually release some of my perfectionist tendencies and open up my mind to creative possibilities. I love how she describes it as "windy" quilting. Somehow that seems metaphorical of life with young children. I need to know that blowing with the wind, not as a "shaft in the whirlwind", but more like a tree swaying in the breeze of needs and demands, can actually produce beauty. Perhaps the breeze will sway me toward making something like this?

1 comment:

  1. a quilt like that seems like it could go very well with a room color and style of the bedroom you posted. before i finished reading this post, i went to the link and looked at it and had the same thought as you did about perfectionist tendencies that could be helped with something like this. i read an article earlier this week about such things because of a friend who made a reference to OCD on her blog and a friend corrected her that she might really be OCPD. so i looked up the difference and it talked about treatments for both being to pretty much force your chemistry to change by doing things like doing a crazy or windy quilt when you are an otherwise perfectionist type person. how is this for a comment. it has been a long weekend and i have been wanting to talk about that for a while, i found it very interesting. i think we probably train ourselves in the same chemistry way to become OCPD or OCD too. something to think about.

    ReplyDelete