Jul 13, 2009

Birthday Bunting

So, I'm half-way through my own bunting, but realized I only bought one package of orange bias tape. I have 2 pkg of bright green tape, which I bought because Jo-Ann was out of the orange the first time I tried to buy it. I like the orange better (I seem to have a thing for orange lately), and I think it might drive me crazy to have two different colors. BUT, I went to Jo-Ann tonight to buy another pkg of orange and they were out again!!!! Of course, none of this would be a problem, except we have a birthday coming up on Thurs. What do you think I should do? Hmm. I think I know your answer, but comment anyway.

2 comments:

  1. hmm.. so now i am torn between saying what i would usually say or try to figure out something else to suggest, which would not be my normal suggestion. but now i am also wondering what would my normal suggestion really be?

    so i will make several, because THAT is what i REALLY do. i would do orange green orange, by cutting the orange in half-which should work even if you already sewed it, right? this seems like the simplest plan and then it would look like you did it on purpose to put it in the middle. but if you want a more complicated idea, i would suggest that you can 'make your own' from an orange fabric, even though it might be more work. but so would hauling your kids around while looking at more and more stores for the stuff. or you could call around and let that be the extent of your work. and in the end if that is too much work and the green sounds more fantastic than all that, go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I wish I had read this before I did it. I like the cutting it idea. I think it is too late now, the tails would be hard to replicate. Actually, making bias binding is a real pain because you have to do a lot of ironing, which I HATE, esp when it 100 degrees outside.

    ReplyDelete